Chris Murphy is a Today in Sports subscriber and a contributor to The Remy Report for his week at spring training. Chris will be sharing his pictures and observations while there.
Click on image to enlarge.
Slideshow at the end.
- The game story of the day was Jalen Beeks. He found out he was starting 11 minutes before the game because Roenis Elias hurt himself in bullpen. Beeks then faced a line up of all stars and shut them out for two innings. He struck out Christian Yelich and Adam Jones to start the game.
- Sox won the game 7-5. Jackie Bradley, Jr and Matt Dominguez homered (pictured crossing the plate)
- There are 6 fields in the back for minor leaguers and former major leaguers trying to make it back. Interesting to see Carlos Quentin taking batting practice on those back fields as he tries to regain his swing after injuries forced him out of baseball last year.
- The Pesky field is of course field #6.
- The other thing is that the players change but the names remain the same. See pictures with Kemp, Lau, Boyd and even Lovullo. Then of course a real name may show up like Luis Tiant. He still captures attention when he drives up in a golf cart.
- About 11:30 workouts wrap up and there is a loud herd of players walking back to the clubhouse with their cleats hitting the cement pathways. Fans and players walk together so future looking fans grab autographs from names they recognize. Some lucky fans got an autograph from the next big prospect Bobby Dalbec.
- Weather 85 degrees and beautiful.